Subject: [Leica] M8 with 135 examples
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:35:43 -0700

At 10:41 PM +0100 7/15/09, Christopher Birchenhall wrote:
>Lluis
>
>I like the first; a nice family portrait.
>
>Can I ask you to elaborate how the focus patch matches the framing of
>the lens. I am guessing the patch is too small. Is that correct? If
>so, how much do you have to crop the image to match the patch?
>
>Chris

I use both the Tele-Elmar and the Elmarit. With the Elmarit, framing
etc. is obviously easy, but it's not that much harder with the T-E.
Take a shot, compare the result with what you see in the viewfinder
and you've got it. Linear, it's a bit less than 3x the rangefinder
patch. I often carry the 135 when I'm not carrying an SLR, and I'm
shooting a variety. The effective FL of 180 is very useful and one
I'm used to from long 180 Nikkor use. The T-E is an outstanding lens,
and often available at very good prices. I got mine for about $200.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com