Subject: [Leica] Sabine Ball "Mother Teresa of Dresden" 1925-2009
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:40:17 -0700

I just posted a photo at the recent Facebook memorial page for Sabine
Ball, who was known as the "Mother Teresa of Dresden" -- a title
bestowed on her by the mayor of the city. The old Leica slide scanned
well, taken with my M2 back when she owned "The Lord's Land" in
Mendocino, CA. The photo is also on the Leica Gallery at:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Gary+Todoroff/General/SabineBallAtTheLordsLand1972.jpg.html

An Internet search on her name will bring up many articles and
photos. Especially moving is a quick-time movie of a photo-shoot of
her. She is filmed in about the middle of the five minute piece -
worth waiting for and no need to know German to see her character. Go
to the URL and look for "Making-of" just past the middle of the page:
http://tinyurl.com/lu4z88

If you know German, Sabine's interview on the same page is powerful
in a quiet way that brought back good memories of a very rare person.
I was very blessed to have known her.

Gary Todoroff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Sabine Ball "Mother Teresa of Dresden" 1925-2009)