Subject: [Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:51:30 +0100

Hi Greg,
the thing that I hate is airports. Heathrow car park is expensive and
a long way away (I allow 30mins to park the car) the queues for check-
in (or bag drop, it makes little difference to check in on line) get
slower every year and the security inspection is very long. Non-
frequent travellers seem to be completely unprepared and surprised by
everything and take 10 times longer than me to get ready for the
inspection.
Hotels have been generally OK and restaurants a rare luxury, we are
usually working late and eat at the track.
Actually I have hardly seen anything but airports and racetracks in
the last 20 years, in the old days we usually had a spare day on the
intercontinental trips for a look round, now, even for Australia, I
arrive Thursday for the pre-event meetings and fly home Sunday evening
after the race...
It is the travelling which will stop me eventually, unless the budget
cuts get me first!
cheers,
Frank