Subject: [Leica] Apples vs. Dells vs. Lenovos vs. etc. Twin Floppies
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:05:45 -0400

> Twin floppies are a must have though $495 for the external floppy is a
> bit steep it will save days of disk swaps when you are loading
> programs like Lotus Jazz or Ashton Tate's Full Write Professional
> though for Full Write you might want to bite the bullet and spend
> $1200 to get 4 one MB sticks of 1120ns or faster RAM and the MacPlus
> Upgrade Kit for $1995 for the logic board and drive. And while the
> machine is apart you might as well upgade the flyback transformer.
> On Jul 24, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>>> Enough computer partisanship. I've been working with computers
>>> since 1950
>>> (really) and ALL computers fail - usually at the most inconvenient
>>> time. Sonny
>>> may well have gotten a lemon but Apple laptops (except for the 5300
>>> disaster)
>>> have proven unusually reliable. My 1984 era Mac is still working.
>>>
>>> Larry Z
>>
>> Twin floppies?
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner

I got my SE and since I wanted to use Pagemaker they told me I needed one of
those new fangled Hard drives.

A year later I upgraded my ram from one megabyte to two for 999 bucks.

I used CAT CONTACTS ACTIVITIES AND TIME out of Moon  Bay something
california and I had to restart my computer with extensions off to use it.
As well as Photoshop 1.1
I'd hit a filter button with Photoshop then go make a pot of coffee in the
kitchen.
Drink a cup.
 then come back to my office in the other room just in time for it to be
finishing. Almost always looked real bad.
I did that several times a night. Never been the same since.
I hear there's a large bright thing in the sky called "The Sun"?!!?

Mark William Rabiner