Subject: [Leica] IMG - A Modern Girl
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:59:52 -0400

> Douglas,
>
> You're a mine of information. Not sure I've heard of a Sydney before.
>
> Charlie

The the slasher super hit Scream (1996/I) and in the sequels II and III
Neve Campbell plays the lead character Sidney Prescott. A name which has
fallen into the national cultural ... Databank.

"Sidney" the long preferred feminine spelling of the name.
"Sydney" the masculine.
This film made her famous
And
"re-defined the slasher genre."

But when half the people in the world hear "Sidney" they think of that
opening scene of Scream where you hear the distinctive loud voice coming
over the phone - some slasher guy is breaking into the house.
One out of a hundred horror films have any intelligence at all.
This series had quite a bit.
People see them over and over again.

Mark William Rabiner

Sid Vicious was short for Simon John Ritchie.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG - A Modern Girl)