Subject: [Leica] Revised Re: BOATING PAD #12 - Contrasts
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:25:43 -0400

> Mark suggested I redo "Underway" starting from a too dark image and
> working my way up.  Have done it here:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_4001-2.jpg
> .html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/nz4sft
>
> Since the darker version has more water detail but seemed to have less
> life, I tried a B&W, which is a bit snappier.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_4001.jpg.h
> tml
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/ne89q5
>
> Wadda' ya' think?  Better?  Worse?  Maybe somewhere between my
> original posting and the new one?
>

> Regards,
>
> Dick
>

> On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:58 PM, Richard Taylor wrote:
>
>> Mark - Interesting thought.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick

>>> I'd try doing one too dark. Then work back.
>>>

>>> Mark William Rabiner

You ended up with an image which appeared to be slighter darker in the
highlights but was way flat as in the shadows were way light.
You need to drag down those shadows by doing so the lights might also be
dragged down dark enough. On the curve. Command M.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Revised Re: BOATING PAD #12 - Contrasts)