Subject: [Leica] More of York - a walk around the city centre
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 01:20:37 +0200

Hello all,
This is the rest of my York album, at least for the time being, there
may well be a bit more hiding in boxes of slides I haven't looked
through yet.
But I think it's enough for the moment.

For anyone who hasn't seen any of these yet, they start here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/?g2_page=1

If you have seen the earlier posts, the last set begins here with an
attractive flower seller with a smile and a mouth full of sandwich:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/_MG_4675.jpg.html

This is the large version:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/172674-1/_MG_4675.jpg

Here are a couple of samples of the latest shots posted.

York Minster is so big that and in such narrow streets that even a 12 mm
lens isn't quite wide enough, here's about half of it (it's heavily
cropped because the knuckle of my big fat finger covered half of the
right hand side)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/20070813-_MG_6911.jpg.html

and an attempt to get the main tower into the frame - unfortunately, if
I try to correct the verticals the top of the tower disappears out of
the frame. So it's still a bit distorted:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/York0249scan.jpg.html

Where to get the freshest lemonade in York and, behind the stand, the
place where the best Cornish Pasties are sold.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/Colour_MG_4713.jpg.html

St William's College ( I wrote school in the captions - it's wrong). A
very nice cafe, but a bit expensive for my tastes. An quiet ancient
courtyard, ideal for recovering from the truly breathtaking York
Minster. It's almost next door

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/UK/York/York0250scan-Edit.jpg.html

Hope you enjoy a little walk around my favourite part of the centre of York.
Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] More of York - a walk around the city centre)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] More of York - a walk around the city centre)