Subject: [Leica] Seagate - again
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:22:48 -0700

My opinion.....  Screw the warranty, the thing only cost $100.....and your
time is more valuable....

Go buy an identical drive ( or use one of your existing drives that is
identical).  Take them both apart, switch HDD, and go forward.  Throw away
or repair bad case/connector issue

The data is probably still there, and intact.

And you get a spare (naked) drive, if you should need one.......  or look at
it as a $100 solution to your time spent re-scanning.

If you go ask Seagate, ,they will undoubtedly suggest you send it to them...
and you already know what that means....

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Do I  dare try to open the case and take out the drive?

Message from stikwa at comcast.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Seagate - again)