Subject: [Leica] Seagate - again
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:11:23 -0700

Be Careful..... the drive electronics or formatting of the drive in the
enclosure may not be the same as your computer......do NOT plug the drive
into your computer SATA connector....unless you are absolutely sure......

BTW, it is possible that Tina has an IDE drive.....enclosures were made for
these as well as SATA.......

If you want, send me the drive enclosure and I will solder it for you.....
it should take about 2 minutes......( and 2 weeks of round trip UPS-ing).

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

The USB socket had been soldiered in two
tiny places and that's what broke loose.  I called the nearest
computer repair place and asked about having it soldiered back on,
but the guy (who called me Honey) said that would ruin the
motherboard and my computer.  I explained that it was an external
hard drive but he said he didn't do that kind of work and didn't know
anybody who did. :-(   I'll look for the connector.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com