Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 19:47:31 -0400

Geoff,
Very nice shots.  I think  the 2.8/90 M-Elmarit  in chrome (like all my
classic lenses & cameras) is definitely the portrait lens I want. I like the
built-in lens hood. Why is this not a standard feature on EVERY prime lens
over 77mm?.
 The dedicated rigid lens hoods for my Biogons and the Elmar 4/135 are
always a problem in the camera bag. They don't invert with the standard lens
caps. PITN!
If I bought a 4/90 it would be the Zeiss Tele-Tessar. Don't need / can't
afford 2.0 or Apo.  My fast lens will be the ZM 1.5/50 Sonnar down the road.

Macro-Adapter.  Hm.  I sold my old 3.5 /50 Elmar with Macro Adapter to
finance the 4.5/21mm Biogon (which is superb!!).  Regret selling it, but so
it goes.  Macro is a thing for SLRs anyway.
Jan