Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:04:19 +1000

Jan, if you want the silver chrome finish, you will need to shop around for
a used example then.
The hood on the Elmarit -M is very effective when extended. It does not lock
though, which can be annoying.
Actually the hoods for the new Summarits are excellent designs. They have
now done what Zeiss does which is to make the hoods attach to a male
external fitting.
Personally I would get the Summarit over the Tele-Tessar. It depends though
on what you like the lens to do naturally. Personal preference is perfectly
valid. Actually if you are happy with the f/4 then I would get the Macro
Elmar. It focuses closer than any of the others, even without the 'macro'
attachment. Hint, they come in that brushed chrome you like. You can see one
on PopFlash site.