Subject: [Leica] There goes my M9 budget
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:31:12 -0700

Richard, I think that you know that last year I vacated and sold a house
less than 1/2 mile from where you live.  I had bought it in 1980. It was
built in 1924, which is very very old for our city.

In 1990 when I lost patience with my ongoing sewer problems and hired a
contractor to fix it, they discovered that my sewer line had been made out
of heavy cardboard that was soaked in coal tar. After 65 years, the original
pipe had pretty much disintegrated, and the "sewer line" was just the hole
in the hard clay that was left behind by the rotted-out cardboard pipe.

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] There goes my M9 budget)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] There goes my M9 budget)