Subject: [Leica] IMG: STOP
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:15:35 -0500

Oliver,

Yes, that band.  I thought it might be an abrasion on the film, but in
looking at 100% (in PS CS4) I also see horizontal banding between the cow
and the bottom of the clouds, so it may be scanner noise.  It could be a
combination.  I know with my Nikon scanner I have to scan at 360 ppi at
final output size, 14-bit depth and 8x sampling to get a good scan.

Ken