Subject: [Leica] IMG: Information Needed on Cause of Lawn Circle
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:52:10 -0500

I know there are many knowledgable people on these two lists. I am looking
for a hint on the cause of a circle of dead grass that is very well defined
on my lawn and extends, faintly, into the adjoining lawn.

I recall that a cherry tree once existed in this general area in the
neighboring lawn. I had a maple in my yard that was damaged by a wind storm
and removed.  However, neither of these was near the center of the circle.
I have heard that maple roots can cause problems in grass, but no
previously-existing root circle matches what I now observe.

Anyone got a suggestion?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lawn+Circle.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA