Subject: [Leica] M8 cost drop - like a BIG rock!?
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:00:54 -0400

Wow. But I have to say I am not totally surprised.

I already know I won't be 'a first in line' to get an M9 - been there
and done the 'Solms Shuffle' with the M8 - but I was talking to my
dealer who told me he'd be glad to give me $1100 - $1300 for my M8
towards an M9, since he can pick up demo bodies from Leica at just a
few hundred over this.
I assume my M8.2 isn't 'worth' much more.

I guess I am still in shock at how fast digital bodies drop in value
as soon as your Credit Card is charged. What did most of us pay when
they first arrived?  Three - four times that?

Ed

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 cost drop - like a BIG rock!?)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] M8 cost drop - like a BIG rock!?)