Subject: [Leica] I dropped my M!
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 21:41:50 -0500

So, a month ago, just before I left on a road trip from Chicago to
Caliifornia and back, I put a small backpack on my back and a Nikon D300 on
my shoulder. When I arrived back at my car, I removed the small backpack
from my back. Oops - wrong sequence. The D300 dropped about 3 feet onto
tarmac. Oops. A small crack on the base, but all else seemed to work, so I
left on the road trip with the D300. Still seems to work fine.

What I learned - sling the camera diagonally around my neck like a
bandoleer. Then nothing falls to the ground unless my head goes with it.

This was useful when I tripped over a rock next to a waterfall in
Yellowstone. Both I and the camera survived.

Good to be home. Road trip pictures to follow.

--
Clive
Blog:  http://clive.moss.net/blog