Subject: [Leica] Leica Trica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:11:15 -0400

> How many frames exposed in the last month?
> How many of those frames exposed on a tripod?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

I seem to be saving about 2500 captures a month.
This month just over 2000.
This month no tripod shots. Same as last month.
Of the 24 Auto Ego shoots in two years I've brought my tripod to about about
6 of them. One of those I didn't use it even though I had it.
I used it a lot with the Mitsubishi in the parking lot in Staten island
below freezing. That's when its nice to have resin instead of metal.

I've had  coffee at the Barns and Noble a lot with a gal who is out shooting
with a D40x every night just like I normally am although in the past week I
seem to be bonding with my D200 again.
Anyway she is getting much better shots with her D40x then I am with mine.
Reason being she is using her tripod for just about everything.
She just placed high in some national magazine contest. Jpeg magazine.
Using a tripod most of the time is her secret weapon.

I thought getting my first resin Gitzo last year would make me a real tripod
shooter. It really can be your secret weapon. I have a simple Bogan ball
head on it but I'm real  fond of it.
- this gal is getting me getting my tripod handy.

I have it with an Optech strap on it so I can throw it over my shoulder and
it sticks there.
But in a nice Pelican tripod bag.
Ok I've parked it right by my door to the hallway so I can grab it in a
whim.

I need to get a cable release solution.
Or remote control thingie.

On road trips I never not have a tripod.

I have 8 tripods 9  heads.
I'm pretty heavy into Arca Swiss Quick Release.
I have plates for both my Leica M's.
I have a Ries wood tripod made in Bainbridge Island, Washington and two of
their heads.

I loved using an L bracket I had for my D100 from
http://reallyrightstuff.com/index.html
Those guys are a real resource. Also for the Arca Swiss system.

Mark William Rabiner