Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:04:32 +0000 (GMT)
References: <36172e5a0909101607v399f4379k55b30a595074c110@mail.gmail.com> <C6CF0021.54755%mark@rabinergroup.com> <36172e5a0909101743y407b087cu9ab85b0a052f8269@mail.gmail.com> <24A0ECE0-202B-4889-89D8-4459608F0299@frozenlight.eu> <000d01ca32a8$41eff5a0$a302a8c0@ted> <36172e5a0909110106p64450722w4c6c864cc0d061aa@mail.gmail.com> <4652C423-C1EC-419B-B652-B9317C407B07@btinternet.com> <36172e5a0909110220n3db0e3bdt41b276a62842048d@mail.gmail.com>

I was just being mischievous.
Typically the discussion fora are full of complete b*llocks. I stopped
reading fans' views on motorsport many years ago because they are so wide of
the mark it is laughable, but trying to put anybody right is quite
impossible, since they are -so- convinced of their ridiculous version.
I was speculating that there -will- be people who say that in order to make
the M9 work without IR filters on the lenses there was an unacceptable
compromise made, and they prefer the M8. Probably.
:-)
I tried to order a M9 on Wednesday, but so far no luck, even on a delivery
date. I reason to myself that it is cheaper than a Canon 1Ds Mk3, and
following the teething problems with the M8 Leica would not release the M9
without exhaustive prototyping...
Frank