Subject: [Leica] Leica's manufacturing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:00:48 -0400

>     I have no faith that Leica's product design or manufacturing
> policies are optimum, no matter how rich Dr. Andreas Kaufmann is. Nor
> am I happy that they are willing to dissemble to hide engineering
> ineptness. Remember that just a year ago it was impossible to make full
> frame digital Leicas and that magenta blacks were an illusion. Good
> people can make bad decisions. Witness Bill Gates downplaying the
> importance of the internet or signing off on Vista. The brief video
> view of Leica's assembly process is hardly a confidence builder.
>    Larry Z

That fact that excellent companies make big historical mistakes does not
make a bunch of camera collector guys on an email list experts in the
optical mechanical manufacturing process.
It's not like second guessing where they put the on off switch.
Here we have a company showing us the ins of their manufacturing process how
foolish of them not not know that they had something to hide.
I'm going to take the wild guess in thinking that they don't have anything
to hide. That this is the best way to make this camera system in these
amounts. And they these professionals would not be out of the loop on such
obvious options.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Leica's manufacturing)