Subject: [Leica] After market spares and repairs.
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:25:58 -0400

Larry Z wrote:

    I'm afraid that's par for the course. Leica, NJ no longer repairs screw
mount Leicas and has difficulty finding spares for the early Ms. Canon will
not factory repair cameras over 10 years old. Nikon does not sell
replacement water seals for my beloved 25 year old Nikonos II. Camera
repairers like DAG and Krauter scavenge old cameras for spare parts. The
Canon repair center in NYC feels that it is uneconomical to fix an old
camera and will simply issue a discount certificate on the purchase of a
new one. When most cameras are over 10 years old, you are pretty much on
your own.
<<<

Leica has been much better in this repect than most other makers.  Early M
cameras are now over 50 years old; the oldest Leicaflex SL bodies are now
41 years old and some parts are no longer available if you're particular
about finish color but I can still get many tiny obscure parts for it,
directly from Leica USA, new.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] After market spares and repairs.)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] After market spares and repairs.)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] After market spares and repairs.)