Subject: [Leica] No R10 Likely In Our Future
From: kapner at earthlink.net (Leonard J Kapner)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:51:10 -0700

First, sincere appreciation to those who responded to my query
regarding a beyond the R9 digital body solution in a constructive and
positive manner. Your tips, tricks and traps will be helpful not only
to me, but also to those on the list who have not yet formulated a
plan to use their R-Series lenses on a digital body.

Now, in looking at all available present alternatives, it seems to me
that the preferred system solution may be the Canon 5D Mark II with
the Novoflex adapter and EG-D Screen, as I am astigmatic, even
corrected, and horizons are an occasional problem for me without
visual aid in the viewfinder.

Nonetheless, I favor Frank's suggestion to wait awhile and will take
to heart Sonny's somewhat coarsely-expressed admonition to just get
out and make photographs. As he suggests, the hardware is merely a
means toward an end. And to George's statement shown below, he is
right of course. It's just that especially with the M-Series, we have
become accustomed to expect so much more from Leica and the downstream
industry they have created...

Thank you all!

Len

---

When most cameras are over 10 years old, you are pretty much on your
own.

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] No R10 Likely In Our Future)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] No R10 Likely In Our Future)