Subject: [Leica] Long term storage of Leica gear?
From: faneuil at gmail.com (ernst leica)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:47:35 -0400

Dear LUG,

Sadly I have moved away from shooting Leica for the moment.
Canon and Mamiya MF digital is occupying every creative moment right
now. (and having a blast!)
It may be many years until I way drift back in Leica shooting.

My M6 and stable of Leica glass is all individually stored in soft cloth
bags.
All the gear is in closed plastic storage container. (beneath my bed)
I also threw in a few humidity control silica bag things.

I was wondering how I should take out the gear and 'run it through it paces'
IE, turn all the lens mechanisms, fire the shutter etc.

Any long term storage recommendations? The plastic container is a
cheapy from the mall.
I also wonder about plastic 'de-gassing' affecting lenses. Real or rumor?

thanks for years of great advice and fun,
Eric

pics: www.korenman.com

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Long term storage of Leica gear?)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Offlist: RE: Long term storage of Leica gear?)