Subject: [Leica] DEAD PIG -- now Korean food
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:03:36 -0700

> HB Arche wrote:>I used to order blind by pointing at things on the menu.
> On
> my third visit the waitress refused to accept my order - 'not for
> americans!'. I thought maybe I'd hit on the dog dish. >When I persisted
> she
> went for the manager who told me the item was a meat dish but served raw,
> and she flat refused to let me have it.

Hi Arche,
OK here you go with what might be the Korean food story of stories. :-)
1988 Summer Olympics, Seoul Korea. Our photo unit and information section
staff decided we'd all go out to a near by Korean restaurant instead of
eating in the Press dining room where you could get excellent food from
practically every country in the world.

But oh no some of the ladies wanted to try Korean food. The twits could've
ordered it in the Press dining room. But they wanted to go to a real
location. Off we go without our translator, about 20 of us to the
restaurant. Now you couldn't put two words together in Korean within the
lot, so somebody picked up a menu and picked whatever.
Korean waitresses kind of looked funny, a couple giggled, off they went with
the numbers of each item selected.

Dinner arrived, nothing recognizable, the ordering person was told to try it
first and if it tasted OK then it was good for all. Main course finished and
everyone was anxious to know what we'd just eaten?  READY??????

One of the Korean waitresses who could speak some English was asked by one
of the girls, "What was that wonderful dinner we just had?"   Waitress
response.... "FRESH PUPPIES!" :-( You could hear a pin drop!

Dinner was over right there! It went dead silent until one of the girls
began to cry! That did it dinner was finito! None of the crew ever went out
of the staff dining restaurant again! :-) It's called live and learn on the
international scene when you don't have your interpreter with you. :-)

Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] DEAD PIG -- now Korean food)
Reply from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] DEAD PIG -- now Korean food)