Subject: [Leica] DEAD PIG -- now Korean food
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:02:13 -0700

I find it offensive that when we visit foreign locales, some of us somehow
feel the right to impose our on values on them.  The dog meat thing in Korea
is certainly one of them.
A lot of Jews and Muslims would be offended by eating of pigs, and a lot of
Hindi would be offended by eating of beef.  And a whole bunch of
holier-than-thou Californians are offended by consumption of anything
animal-derived.

So, my stance is that in Rome, do as Romans do, and in Korea, do as Koreans
do.

I am pretty close to being as omnivorous as anyone can get.  I've eaten
mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, and cheliceratae as well.  If
one's afraid, one shouldn't go to foreign locales.

So how did it taste?  I've heard it's delicious.

Ken