Subject: [Leica] OT: 45MXT with a Dichroic color head
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 04:08:09 -0400

> Agree on the lens. When I set up the 35mm enlarger 3-4 years ago, I
> made a point of getting the Rodenstock APO from B&H.
>
> Not sure about what I'd do for "Standard Size Print" yet. Once one is
> used to print large using inkjet, it's almost silly to print anything
> less than 11x14, especially from a 6x7 neg?
>
> I also *hope* to do something with calligraphy on prints, wetroom
> style. Not exactly sure yet. I think Don Hong-Qoi just used a sharpie
> :-) I just sent an inquiry to his old gallery rep. Lets see if she
> responds...

People do make a lot of 8x10's. They are big enough to see. A lot of
photographers got sick of 11x14 portfolios and switched to 8x10 at one
point. Then it swung back.  11x14's are good for a gallery show plus under
your arm on a portfolio. They are a nice wall size you can stand back a
couple of feet and look at them.
Sometimes its the way you want your trays to look in your sink.
You can have more of them if you are doing 8x1os. Do two fixes in line.

Mark William Rabiner