Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography
From: boklm at mars-attacks.org (nicolas vigier)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:02:28 +0200

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Tina Manley wrote:

> LUG:
>
> I really don't know why everyone is so negative about stock photography.
> It's a way of making a living!  I almost never lease any photos for
> commercial use.  99% of mine are leased for editorial use - usually in
> textbooks, sometimes in magazines.  Here is a very typical one that Alamy
> leased today:
> *
> *
> **ATYA36
> **
>

> Go to http://www.alamy.com and put that number in the search box to see
> the
> photo.
> It was leased for one page use in a college textbook for $270.  Alamy
> leases about 10 to 12 a month of mine for similar use - better than all of
> my other stock agencies combined.  I lease others directly in response to

Interesting. Is it taking a lot of time to upload pictures on alamy.com ?
How much pictures are you uploading to sell 10 or 12 a month ?

I'm not taking any photo for making money, and most of my pictures would
probably have nobody buying them, but if uploading is not taking too
much time, maybe that could be something to try. And maybe that would
allow me to get some money for buying new camera / lens if I'm lucky :)

Nicolas
--
http://n0x.org/

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Stock Photography)