Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:13:59 -0500

> Zeiss are doing it - at least with manual focus SLR lenses with Nikon,
> PK, Canon and M42 mounts.
>
> That such cooperative ventures can work successfully (at least for quite
> a time) was proved by Zeiss and Kyocera (and to a lesser extent by Leica
> and Minolta).
>
> Cheers
> Douglas

Yes the great photographs in our culture taken with the Zeiss and Kyocera
cooperation are well known.
The fact is the camera system appealed to I don't know who. Nobody that I
can think of.
The stuff looked like junk. Especially the lenses which looked like Tokina
glass from the 70's.

Cosina is an interesting innovated company who does not need to be put in
the same sentence with Kyocera.
Its a shame they seem to think that ANY name is better than their own.
I remember there  used to be Cosina SLR's. They were ok.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")