Subject: [Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:23:11 -0500

> alex i have both of these lenses. both have their merits. the hex is a bit
> bigger, i usually shoot @ 1.4 and the results are just fantastic, very
> creamy much better than the pre-lux @ 1.4. but i had to send my konica to
> dag for a little adjustment that said both of the lenses are superb
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM, <alex at zabrovsky.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm considering expanding my low-light capabilities by some good fast
>> (under f/2) 50mm lens. Right now I have an offer for Hexanon 50mm/1.2
>> from a
>> Limited set (as sold once with Hexar RF Limited) for around 1700-1800 US$.
>> 50mm ASPH Lux according to its current market value (used, of course) is
>> way out of my reach, however 50mm Lux pre-ASPH E46 is also on my list as a
>> contender for my money. I mean E46 version with 0.7m close focusing
>> ability.
>>
>> So, what would be a common wisdom regarding the choice of that Hexanon
>> againts Lux pre-ASPH E46 ?
>> I know Hexanon is a larger one physically and may block probably some 20%
>> of the view through my 0.85 M7, but is some third stop faster (probably
>> not
>> issue between 1.4 and 1.2 though). On the other hand, Lux appears to be
>> slimmer (on pictures, never held one in my hands yet) probably leaving
>> clear
>> viewfinder view.
>>
>> But what about their comparative performance ?
>>
>> What would be fair price ballpark for a used good copy of 50mm Lux
>> pre-ASPH
>> E46 ?
>>
>> Thanks, Alex

A Canon or Nikon lens lens looks like a high quality Japanese lens to me
worthy of using on top gear by dedicated people.
The Konica glass looks real cheap.
Pay a lot of money for them?
Put them on my Leica? Use them?
No way in hell.

I'm not going to save money buy using cheap glass.
I'll use the best glass I can  find and save money on a camera. Or car.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?)
Reply from disfromage at ameritech.net (Richard Wasserman) ([Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?)