Subject: [Leica] S2 - a bargain?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:32:01 +0100

Hey, the S2 is a low price camera!!

One of the prominent German photographic magazines, foto-Magazin, just
published a specs comparison of the Hasselblad H4D-60 (almost 35,000
euros without a lens) the Phase One 645DF (just over 39,200 euros - with
an 80 mm lens and a P65, whatever that is) and the S2 (almost 19,000
euros without a lens).

I suppose it must be said that the Leica sensor is 45x30, while the
other two have approx. 54x40mm sensors and around 1.5 times as many
megapixels.

But I think Leica definitely have the edge when it comes to price, size
and off-tripod handling - maybe they really have found their niche in
the pro market!

Let's hope their gamble pays off.

Douglas

Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] S2 test)