Subject: [Leica] Noctilux - 0.95 vs. 1.0
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 21:52:22 -0500

> Vick Ko wrote:
>> Hmmm.  From reading the blog, the f1 is "good enough".  I don't see
>> much motivating trading up to the f0.95.
>> Better to get an M9.
>>
>> Vick
> And I disagreed with most of his conclusions based on the photos shown!
> The 1.0 results looked better than the .95 in all of them, to me.  I'm
> perfectly happy sticking with my 1.0.
>
> Tina

I'm fine with my measly f1 I don't need no stinking f .95.
If I had a spare ten grand I think I might spend it on something else.

I'd have gone with an f1  or f 1.1  or  f 1.2 lens with use of Aspherics to
make it much more compact than the current f1 Noctilux.
More like the f 1.2  Noctilux. Which was like a Summilux on a small amount
of steroids.

A job for Cosina and or Zeiss perhaps.
F 1.2 and  be there.
In a non heat seeking missile size.