Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac wannabees
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 22:36:31 -0500

On Dec 5, 2009, at 8:51 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> I do not understand your logic here.  Mac is good because you can run
> Windows on it?

No, Mac is good because you can run Mac OS and Windows on it.
And because it has superior reliability and customer-service ratings.

> Mac keyboards are good because you can adapt them to be just like Windows?

No, it's why their slight differences are not a deterrent.

> Why should I pay twice as much so I can run Windows programs on a Windows
> keyboard labeled as a Mac.  I don't understand.

Can you actually find the equivalent of a 21-inch iMac (all screen, no box,
$1100) 3 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, DVD etc from Dell, HP, etc
for under $600?

?howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OT: Mac wannabees)
Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] OT: Mac wannabees)