Subject: [Leica] Noctiux - 0.95 vs 1.0
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:29:42 -0500

yes, the famous "barry lyndon" lens!

you guys set me off on a long googling session which ended up with an
italian website with much information chronicling the NASA-procured 1966
zeiss planar  50mm f0.7, its optical lineage, and many beautiful
reproductions from lyndon created by that lens.  (translation  by google
and at times somewhat torturous)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luciolepri.it%2Flc2%2Fmarcocavina%2Fomaggio_a_kubrick.htm&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

seeing the images, i signed up for an amazon alert for the barry lyndon
blu-ray.

-rei

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Noctilux - 0.95 vs. 1.0)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Noctiux - 0.95 vs 1.0)