Subject: [Leica] Lumix GF-1 ISO comparison to Canon G9 and Leica M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:41:28 -0500

> The Canon G9 is no longer a relevant camera. A G10, which I have, is also
> no
> longer relevant, other than at low ISO settings. The G11, which I'm not
> planning to get, seems to beat most of its peers at the higher ISO
> settings.
> From the tests I've seen, I'm waiting for the G12.
> The Panasonic line is still far noisier than I'm comfortable with.
> S.d.

I thought you were going to say the G series is no longer relevant  because
of the Leica X1.
Which is how I feel about it at least.

Any camera with a 7.60 x 5.70 mm sensor size does not get my attention.
That's a bit better than super 8 but half the size of Minox for petes sake!

The Leica x1 is a half frame camera.
Which I can sink my teeth into as its a new level of compact.
As in pocketable. But capable of real quality.
A guy named Barnack in Germany thought up an idea like that 95 years ago.

Mark William Rabiner