Subject: [Leica] Odd digital M flash behavior
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:07:03 -0500

Mark -

Actually, I've been there and done that - the SB-800 is great but it (1) has
less power than a Metz 54 and (2) tends underexpose a little in A mode.  But
it's a valid solution and one that I may revisit due to the smaller
opportunity for weird preflash stuff.

I completely agree with the rest  - bouncing up and downlighting at high
power is the way to go because it looks like an overhead light and tends to
put the shadows in places where they are not offensive.  And for a
well-composed shot, it's always preferable (at least to me) to have more
things in focus.

Does anyone know if the M8/M9 synch circuit can handle a Vivitar 283, old
style?

Best New Years!
Dante