Subject: [Leica] Odd digital M flash behavior
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:24:02 -0500

> The whole TTL flash thing seems over rated to me
> unless fully integrated into the system
> as when using the 580 on the 5D with the auto focus lenses, auto
> exposure
> (don't have to think about anything except where to bounce the flash).
>
> With the M8 and R8/DMR - auto thyristor - or manual
> works best for me.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

In the late 70's with a 283 or 285 Vivitar you'd take the sensor off the
flash and put it on the hotshoe with the coild cord and out of a roll of 36
you'd only have 2 or 3 bloopers. With the hotshoe in the flash you'd got 4
or 5 bloopers. Me at least.
When TTL hit in the 80's you'd get 1 or 2 bloopers.
The difference between 1 or 2 verses  2 or 3 didn't impress me.
But its reading through whatever filter's you've got on the lens. Making you
less adverse to using them.
And if its a long lens its becoming a spot meter.
That's hard not to get impressed by.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Odd digital M flash behavior)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Odd digital M flash behavior)