Subject: [Leica] OT: Flying With Home Canned Jars - Safe?
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:07:25 -0700

Completely OT question for commercial pilots or home canner's that fly:

My daughter is flying back to school on Monday and wants to load her checked
suitcase with home canned spaghetti sauce (glass jars). We are talking
several quart and half quart jars.

The Canada Transport says that canned foods are okay to go in checked
luggage but we have not tried it.

Has anyone done this, if so were there any issues with freezing or jars
exploding?

TIA.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada