Subject: [Leica] Flying with canned goods, cabin pressures
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Sue Pearce)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:34:45 -0600

Current commercial aircraft are pressurized to about 8,000 feet, as that is
about as good as can be done without serious problems with metal fatigue. We
older members can recall the English learned a hard lesson with their
pioneering jetliner in just that subject. CAbins and holds are pressurized
the same.

The Airbus A380 (the double deck aricraft) and the soon to be flying Boeing
787 will be pressurized to around 6,000 feet, as the composite construction
flexes a bit better. The result will be a better flying experience, as many
suffer slight cases of altitude sickness at 8,000 feet, and that's why you
feel not so hot after a long flight.

We have flown with check on luggage containing wine, scotch, olive oil and
other such things such as cigars from a small island repblic with no
problems.

Bill Pearce

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Flying with canned goods, cabin pressures)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Flying with canned goods, cabin pressures)