Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:34:57 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

I'm going to make a quick expenditure to keep me going.
A 35mm lens.
And its not a Leica lens, I've already got a 35 ASPH Summicron.
Its for my Nikon cropped DSLR's I'm using in the interim.
<<<

Or you could get a used M8 and use your 35mm Summiron ASPH and use the same
lens on your future M9.5

35mm x 1.33 crop factor ~46.55mm
f/2 and be there, and be sharp.  The image area you'd get with the 35mm
ASPH on an M8 is bigger than the image area you'd get with the Nikon 35 on
the D40

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] New 35mm cropped)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New 35mm cropped)