Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal revisited
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:09:43 +0530

Steve,
There is no question of avoidance - I have never ever heard of it, or
of any problems whatsoever in eating old rice (of course, before it
goes 'bad' or starts decomposing) - this is a rice eating part of the
world - our staple is rice, you know. Nowadays, the leftover rice
tends to get refrigerated and reheated as well. So it is just weird.
My feeling is that this is excessive precaution for a rarely occurring
circumstance...After all, everything that we eat also has a capacity
to harm us in some circumstance or the other.
Cheers
Jayanand