Subject: [Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:20:28 -0500

Rei,

I think it may be a disclaimer in case something goes wrong when
inserting a lens with some sort of fault. As an example look at the
end of your Summitar. There are 3 fingers that have slots bent up to
provide a snug fit to the barrel when the lens is extended. If one of
these fingers get bent up too far it can hit the shutter in the
collapsed condition. Just an idea. Also I believe the old collapsible
90mm Elmar can hit the shutter.

Len