Subject: [Leica] Hawks
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:33:47 -0800

Tina Manley asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Hawks

Hi Tina,
I believe in an earlier post you said you were not allowed to shoot hawks,
fair enough.

However, if you are inclined to have a shot gun around the farm and can
purchase "blank ammunition?" Again if the police regulations allow you to
use the gun or not as a noise deterrent. But the blanks still make a loud
enough noise to spook it off.

In some of our government experimental farms they have loud speakers of gun
shot sounds that when predator birds come about it can sound almost like a
war zone from several directions as they go off scaring the birds away.
Eventually the critters just leave for other places.

ted

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Hawks)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Hawks)
Message from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] Hawks)