Subject: [Leica] OT: Acrylic vs Glass
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:03:17 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,
?
I have started to do a significant amount of framing and was hoping to get
some input from this community on the pros and cons of glass vs acrylic
for?presenting photographs. Either would need to be UV resistant and
non-glare. Also, acrylic would be needed for larger works simply from a
weight point of view.
?
Primarily I'm wondering how this might impact marketability of the image, or
if it would at all. Does the market prefer glass as it is a bit more
"upscale" or is acrylic better for some reason. Which provides the best
viewing experience? I cannot afford "museum quality" glass and believe it is
a bit to delicate (fingerprints are difficult/impossible to remove).

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA