Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:29:42 -0800

I am fairly happy with my M8u. I actually find the default processing
by LR a bit too saturated for my taste but looks like it's just me. I
am seriously considering just slapping the "convert to grayscale" as
default in LR :-)

I owned a R-D1 and shot well over 10,000 frames with it. The M8 is
definitely more a Leica than the R-D1, and I never thought about the
so called crop factor. Portraits? Slap on the 50. General walkaround?
Either 35 or 25. I wish I can afford a 24/1.4, but then I would just
get a M9. A no brainer really. Once in a while, I see some weird
artifact, like band of light, so I just don't shoot at lights :-)

If someone makes a decent "low price" (e.g. < $2000) 24/2 for the M
mount, that would pretty much render a M9 non-starter for me (not that
it's much of a starter now...)

I also went to the big PhotoLA show and while of course most people
are shooting digital, the equipments never get mentioned. No one cares
about whether it's Holga or a IDMkXX, the image is the thing that
matters.