Subject: [Leica] Was shutter lag - now processing time
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:36:01 +0000

Hi Howard,
looks like you are having a great time in Bali, I am jealous...
I also notice that the M8/9 are slower than my dslr. My theory is it is
probably down to size. Whilst it is also likely that the dslrs have more
modern chips they are -much- larger. This means room for a bigger battery
and more processing power, plus internal temperatures (which increase noise)
will probably be less of a problem in the less densely packed slrs.
Personally I am happy with this compromise, if this is the reason, since the
small size is one of the most important features of the M8/9 for me, and it
has never had any effect on my photography.
cheers from chilly England,
Frank D.