Subject: [Leica] OT: Mark, MF, S2 competitor?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:56:41 -0500

> http://photorumors.com/2010/01/29/hasselblad-teaser-in-english/
>

> Phx

They are counting up not down
This h3d becomes the h4d in a few more months the H5d.
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/news/hasselblad-global-conference-rocks-kennedy
-space-center.aspx
or
http://tinyurl.com/yezgonh
It still the same camera its not smaller its still a building brick you have
to hold in your hands and look down at it and shoot.
Its not going to compete with the Leica S2 which has the 35mm configuration
people are far more comfortable and handy with.
Although I can shoot a brick; or a stick.

They managed to grab a shot of Astronaut Buzz Aldrin holding a traditional
Hasselblad he'd shot on the moon. As if that related much with the stuff
they're making now other than in name.

" The new system includes the 60-megapixel H4D-60 - which will ship in
January 2010 for approximately USD $42,535 - and the 50-megapixel H4D-50,
which replaces the H3DII-50 - which ships in early 2010 for $29,332. H3D-II
cameras purchased between now and 2010 Q1 will be upgraded to the H4D-50,
free of charge. Owners of H3D-31 and H3D-39 cameras will have a step-up
program to the H4D platform"
Leica's not about to compete with that type of flexibility I don't think as
its a non modular system but the S2 will I think still be worth it. And make
for a long waiting list at the rental counters. Want to rent one? How about
a table for one by the kitchen in three months ... On a TUESDAY?

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner