Subject: [Leica] Big folders
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:58:09 -0500

> The manager of the Green Mountain Camera store in Vermont, a mecca for used
> and antique camera fans, tells me that he sells every Super Ikonta or
> similar high quality folder that he can get his hands on within a few days.
> Most of the buyers tend to actually use the camera rather than to display
> it
> on a shelf. Apparently there is a market for big folding cameras. They
> don't
> seem to compete with Hassleblads either in price or size and weight.
>
> Larry Z

Such a folding camera  will slide into your pocket.
Where a Leica M WOULD NOT unless it happened to have a collapsible lens on
it.
60 * 90  = 5400
36 * 24  = 864
5400 / 864  = 6.25
A bunch of guys shooting 35mm of something and you pull out such a folder
and make a shot  and they are completely psyched out. They know they may as
well go home.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner