Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Wood duck
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:50:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Doug,

they are both great photos of lovely birds.  I just love seeing the water
droplets sitting on the lightly oiled feathers of floating ducks.
I prefer your photo of the male over that of the female, firstly because you
caught the male at a more pleasing angle, and secondly because in that photo
the background water is thrown out of focus more than in the one of the
female, and also because the first photo has better lighting over the less
contrasty, more shadowed photo of the female.

I took two photos of a male wood duck a couple of years ago, but on at least
one of them the focus was just off, concerning the eye.  Your photos, on the
other hand, are dead on!  Here are my efforts:

www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/415950851/sizes/l/

www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/415955665/sizes/l/

 Peter Cheyne