Subject: [Leica] A German Requiem (Brahms) in NY for Haiti
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:46:18 -0500

> Oh to be rich, with the Concorde still flying, and able to say, I'll see
> (and hear) you tonight - may be in another life.
>
> Hope it went off well Mark - it's a wonderful requiem. I sang in Faure's
> and Verdi's Requiems (Requia?) when I was at school.
>
> I'm not particularly religious, but I love the music - the catholics
> have the best choral works and the methodists have the best hymns.
>
> Cheers
> Douglas

I sang the Mozart Requiem last weekend in Brooklyn as part of my regular
classical choir their.
But the Brahms is non religious. He got flak for that. No mention of God
etc.
But you'd have to know German to know its non religious.
So it sounds ok in a Church.
Of course they  have all kinds of classical music concerts in churches.
People love the reverb.
I'm just back and it went pretty well  I walked home afterwards 40 blocks
from 120 to 80. All kinds of people taking pictures with annoying cameras
and video. Lots of tripods.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] A German Requiem (Brahms) in NY for Haiti)