Subject: [Leica] mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:47:18 -0500

2010-02-15-11:52:35 Kyle Cassidy:
> I'm forced to admit that the life of my favorite pair of Doctor
> Marten's oxfords is at an end. Do I simply replace them with another
> pair of Docs, as I've been doing since college, or do I get
> Mephisto's?

It's not the Eighties any more.  And Docs don't seem to have much arch
support to speak of, and the last pair I used up was on the verge of
having both its leather uppers and the sole crack where they flexed.
I'm not sure the construction is up to snuff anymore, although I
haven't tried a pair in about ten years.

Huge fan of Mephistos.  If you get the fit and choice of shoe for your
foot right, they're so comfortable you forget to think about shoes,
and they last for years.  And (bonus!) there are even some styles now
which don't look orthopedic.

For them to work out, they somehow seem to be more sensitive to the
normal shoe fit issues -- if you get a pair a little too big, so the
heel slips, you're doomed to unhappiness.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?)