Subject: [Leica] Mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:10:55 +0530

I find Clarks ultra comfortable for informal wear, but usually use
Barker with Goodyear welted soles for formal/informal wear, mainly
because they have wide fittings, and as they are not heavily
advertised, very good bang for the buck. After wearing them in, the
latter are as comfortable as Clarks. I seem to buy shoes about once in
8-10 years nowadays, with a black pair of Bally, purchased in the days
they were actually Swiss made and before they were sold to private
equity mavens Texas Pacific Group in 1999, nudging 17 years, with one
resoling done.

http://www.barker-shoes.co.uk/

Cheers
Jayanand